2) Can I exchange my old cards with the new ones? No, Science Centre do not allow exchange of cards. The old cards can still be submitted for the award of badges. By 2014, Science Centre will accept only new cards when they call for submission of cards.
3) Can parents endorse 6 stars worth of activities for the old cards? Yes. Parents can certify up to 6 stars worth of activities in both old and new cards. The projects certified by parents should be kept at home for verification if needed.
4) Can parents submit the cards directly to Science Centre? No. The cards should be submitted through teachers and to the collection centre. The collection centre will be made known to schools by first Friday of July.
5) When is the deadline for submission of cards? The deadline for submission of cards for badge award will probably be end of August.
There will be one school as collection centre in each zone. The collection centre will be made known to schools in month of June/July.
The deadline submission of cards for badge award will be in month of August. All schools will be notify near to date.
7 August 2014
All Primary and Full Schools
Attn: Science / Maths HODs / Co-ordinators
YOUNG SCIENTIST Card Submission
We are very pleased to inform you that this year, we will be extending the submission deadline for the Young Scientist Cards to 29th August 2014.
All card submissions are to be made to
Ang Mo Kio Secondary School
6 Ang Mo Kio Street 22
Please complete the attached YS Form 1 and submit it together with the endorsed Young Scientist cards to Ang Mo Kio Sec.
This year the badge presentation ceremony will take a new approach. We encourage schools to organise a badge presentation programme in their own schools. Please share photos of your school’s ceremony and Young Scientist projects on our Young Scientist Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/scsyoungscientist
The badges and certificates can be collected from Science Centre from 10th to 24th October 2014 between 10am to 5pm. Kindly contact Ms Mok Li Hui (MOK_Li_Hui@science.edu.sg.) to arrange for collection of badges at least 3 working days prior to the date of collection.
More information on the Young Scientist Badge Scheme is as given below:
About the Young Scientist Badge Scheme
1) The Young Scientist Badge scheme is jointly organised by Science Centre Singapore, Science Teachers Association of Singapore (STAS), Singapore Association for the Advancement of Science (SAAS) and Singapore National Academy of Science (SNAS) and supported by the Ministry of Education. The scheme has been going strong for more than 30 years now. To date, more than one million primary school students have been proud recipients of the Young Scientist badges since the Young Scientist Cards scheme started in 1982.
2) In this programme, primary school students learn to develop curiosity, initiative and creative thinking as they complete self-directed activities to receive badges of honour to become a young astronomer, biologist, mathematician and more! The unique and iconic collectible badges are a great incentive!
3) With the revamped cards, students can complete more hands-on activities that will challenge their thinking, communication, technological and processing skills, and there are now family activities to discover science together. Parents may work on experiments with their children and choose to certify up to 6 stars worth of activities laid out in the cards.
4) There are altogether 17 different cards that students can work on.
Details are available at the Science Centre website
5) Do note that there are also whole lot of Fun spot activities at the Science Centre during schools holidays to help students achieve the tasks in the cards in a fun and exciting way. Details of Fun spot activities can be found on Science Centre website.
6) If you have queries, please contact Mok Li Hui at MOK_Li_Hui@science.edu.sg.
7) Your continuing support is much appreciated.